School of Medicine
Showing 1-7 of 7 Results
Professor of Pediatrics (Adolescent Medicine) and, by courtesy, of Epidemiology and Population Health and of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Current Research and Scholarly Interests Research focuses on developmental, cognitive and psychosocial factors involved in adolescents’ and young adults’ health-related decision-making, perceptions of risk and vulnerability, health communication and risk behavior. My research has focused on understanding and reducing health risk behaviors such as tobacco use, alcohol and marijuana use, risky driving, and risky sexual behavior.
Victor W. Henderson, MD, MS
Professor of Epidemiology and Population Health and of Neurology
Current Research and Scholarly Interests Research interests:
(1) Risk factors for age-associated cognitive decline and for dementia.
(2) Therapeutic strategies to improve cognitive abilities in aging and in dementia.
(3) Brain–behavior relations as they pertain to human cognition.
Professor (Research) of Medicine (Stanford Prevention Research Center/Cancer Institute) and of Epidemiology and Population Health
Current Research and Scholarly Interests Research Focus
• Epidemiology of prostate, hepatobiliary, and thyroid cancers
• Racial disparities in cancer
• Endogenous hormones/growth factors
• Circadian rhythms
• Chronic inflammation
• Genetic susceptibility
• Cancer prevention and control
• Global oncology and international studies