I am currently working at Stanford University School of Medicine as a Life Science Research Professional. As a Research Associate, I worked at Translational Bioscience on projects aiding the discovery and development of precision medicine. I received a Master of Engineering degree at Illinois Institute of Technology at Chicago, Illinois in the United States with the department of Biomedical Engineering in May 2017. Additionally, I have completed a 5 year Integrated Bachelor's of Sciences and Master's of Sciences degree program at the Indian Institute of Science, Education and Research, Bhopal majoring in Biological Sciences with minor in Chemistry. My primary research interests lie in molecular and cellular biology, immunology, and cancer biology. Moreover, I have worked on short projects in Core Java programming and in relational database management systems while pursuing my Diploma.
I am actively interested in research and development as well as explore public health administration, healthcare management and policy making.
Current Role at Stanford
1. Perform complex (lab and/or field) experiments for a major portion of the research project.
Maintain detailed records of experiments and outcomes
2. Interpret and analyze results, often where few guidelines exist. Based on prior results,
contribute to development of new research protocols and procedures or adaptation of existing
3. Make recommendations on plan design and/or research direction to principal investigator
4. Work with health and safety department to ensure lab complies with regulations and all
5. Participate in multidisciplinary teams across different faculties or schools
6. Oversee supply and equipment budget under supervision of principal investigator or business
7. Perform ongoing literature review to remain current with new procedures and related research;
present findings for lab work group
8. Contribute substantively to the preparation of papers for publication, especially in the results
9. May contribute to publication of findings and present ongoing work and findings to colleagues
at academic conferences
10. Supervise (either formally or informally) staff or students as needed, including oversight and
instruction on techniques, as well as consultation on project work. Serve as technical resource
for other research staff
11. Perform general lab maintenance as needed; maintain lab stock, manage chemical inventory
and safety records, and provide general lab support as needed. May assist with purchasing